Session 1: (6 hours)
* Introduction to genres of children's literature
* Exploring relevance of moral values in children's literature in primary grades
* Observation of children at play and drawing implications for writing critical children's literature
Session 2: (6 hours)
* Exploring the nature of language
* Understanding nature of human learning (Piagetian perspective)
* Understanding functions of language
* Critical analysis of text - Individual task to be assessed
* Scripting introductory poem based on a protagonist
Session 3: (6 hours)
* Exploring parameters for scripting children's literature
* Scripting around illustrations (pair task)
* Scripting around a 'problem' - individual task
Session 4: (6 hours)
* Exploring texts around 'aesthetic reading'
* Individual scripting around 'emotions'
Session 5: (6 hours)
* Exploring texts around 'identity'
* Scripting texts around 'identity'
* Introduction to the journey- From manuscript to publication.
* Access to anthology (E-copy only) (collection of poems created by the participants)
* Feedback on the course experience from the participants
Sheetal is a published Children's Literature Author, who started her professional journey as a language teacher.